A highly interactive advanced training day designed to build upon existing skills and knowledge. Introduces and practices tools relevant to situations where domestic violence is present. Also explores best practice within the inter-agency context.
- Dealing with minimisation and denial
- Encouraging safe disclosure of domestic abuse
- Holding a dialogue with survivors about risk factors
- Safety planning with survivors
- Action planning for high risk cases and making appropriate referrals to other agencies