Pathfinder is a project led by Standing Together against Domestic Violence in partnership with four expert organisations:
Our vision is to:
- Synthesise the guidance and evidence base on the role of health services (acute health trusts, mental health trusts, general practices) in domestic abuse;
- Identify the barriers to implementing a best practice approach to domestic abuse in each of these settings;
- Develop a guide to support these settings to bridge the implementation gap;
- Collaborate with influencers to drive towards universal adoption of best practice.
We are achieving this through partnering with 8 pilot sites across the UK. Together with Clinical Commissioning Groups, acute health trusts and mental health trusts, we are:
- Capturing the processes undertaken to achieve existing good practice;
- Drawing on operational experience and expertise of NHS staff to understand barriers;
- Listening to survivors’ experiences of their journeys through health services;
- Testing out ‘what works’ in embedding best practice;
- Developing the code for sustainability in best practice.
This work is jointly funded by the Department for Health & Social Care and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport and is running until March 2020.